Some features mentioned in the trailer just showed at Blizzcon, some of which were not rumored:
- Guild leveling system and achievements: up to 20 levels. Dailies, raids, pvp, etc. will contribute. Perks include guild talent trees (cheaper repairs, mass resurrection, etc)
- New level cap of 85
- Archaeology is a new secondary profession: exploring ruins gives you “archaeology notes”, used for discoveries that somehow help with the new “path of the titans” character development scheme.
- Character progression change called “path of the titans”: only 5 new talent points, no new talents. Path of the titans will be a new dimension to character customization: all classes and specs can choose between all paths.
- Rated BGs that will have the same rewards as arena, and of course new maps.
- Deathwing is back, and appears to be the new big bad.
- Underwater instances: Sunken City of Vashj’ir, “We’ll make sure it isn’t annoying to play underwater.”
- Heroic Deadmines (!!!)
- Heroic SFK
- Flying mounts in Azeroth: redesigned zones from ground up to allow for flying, also underwater mounts that will go as fast as flying mounts but underwater.
- Confirmation of the Worgen and Goblin races
- Worgen get Darkflight, a sprint ability. Goblins get Rocket Belt, like a “reverse disengage”- or an “engage” ;)
- Confirmation of new race/class combos- gnome priests, troll druids, human hunters, tauren paladins, orc mages, night elf mages, blood elf warriors, dwarf mages, undead hunters, tauren priests, and dwarf shamans.
- Wetlands, Ashenvale, Barrens changed: “When the Cataclysm occurs, it will occur for all players, whether they have purchased the expansion or not–you will no longer be to play in the original version of Kalimdor or the Eastern Kingdoms”.
- Leveling up a new character will be very different: art, quests, zones, etc.
HD video here
As we get more data from the Q&A, I’ll update this. I’m skipping over details about new zones and how crazy the new bad guy is supposed to be, but I’ll include anything relevant to gameplay.