Blizzard has released a revised MoP talent tree, including new level 90 talents for hunters and an updated list of abilities. The new talents have apparently bumped the old level 15 talents (Frozen Arrows, Arcane Arrows, Venom-Tipped Arrows) off the tree. Keep in mind that a blue post has stated that there is yet still a lot of work to be done on hunter talents. Read on after the cut for descriptions of the new talents and other changes to hunter abilities.
The new level 90 talents are:
- Glaive Toss: You hurl two glaives in front of you 30 yards, dealing 1,X damage to all enemies and reducing their movement speed by 50%. The Glaives will return back to you, also dealing damage and snaring targets they hit. If Glaive Toss hits at least 2 enemies in both directions, the cooldown is reset.
- Powershot: You wind up a powerful shot, dealing 1,X damage to all targets in front of you within 20 yards (width). The damage done is increased on targets further away:
- 15-30 yards: Double damage, Stunned 1 sec.
- 30-50 yards: Tripple damage, Stunned 2 sec.
- Binding Shot: You fire a magical projectile, tethering the enemy and any other enemies within 10 yards to the landing arrow. Increases all damage they recieve from you by 15%. If they move 15 yards from the arrow they are stunned for 10 sec (5 sec PvP). (30 yd range, Costs 20 focus, Instant)
You may also note several changes in our class abilities:
- Percent weapon damage as a component of shots is being reduced in magnitude across the board. Blizzard will be increasing the damage on/from weapons to compensate for this. The goal (explained here) is to reduce the power of weapon-damage-based abilities at low levels.
- Disengage is learned at level 14.
- Black Arrow reads “Fires a Black Arrow at the target, dealing 1,051% Weapon damage as Shadow damage to the enemy target. In addition, Black Arrow deals 4,204 damage over 20 seconds to the target and any other enemy within the path of the Black Arrow when fired. ” Black Arrow still triggers Lock and Load via T.N.T. and will cost 40 Focus.
- Trueshot Aura will return to buffing AP by 10% across the board. This change will assumedly also affect similar buffs.
- Camouflage will be able to be cast in combat, but if it is cast in combat its duration will be reduced from one minute to six seconds.
- Lock and Load will make only one Explosive Shot free that triggers no cooldown rather than the current two. However, the free shot will deal double damage.