Below is the imaginary conversation I’ve had with Blizzard about guns spanning the last few tiers.
- Blizzard: “No guns will drop in 25man, sorry.”
- Eidotrope: “Oh, um, okay. There’s that heroic 10man gun, though, which is as good as the 25normal bow.”
- Blizzard: “Yeah, but we’re making the heroic 25man bow easier to get to and better for your dps. And the Lich King will drop a crossbow, so . . .”
- Eidotrope: “Ah, well, that’s cool, maybe I’ll get to use my racial next tier then.”
- Blizzard: “No guns at all this tier. There’ll be crossbows and bows in normal and heroic modes again, though.”
- Eidotrope: “Bummer. Well, I’ll just go get the pvp gun then. My racial outweighs the stat loss to resilience, making it bis for pve for me.”
- Blizzard: “Hey, we’re adding a gun this tier and making it very easy to obtain.”
- Eidotrope: “Awesome!”
- Blizzard: “Psych! We’re turning it into another crossbow. Firelands needed a second crossbow very much. But we’re going to leave the gun noise on the crossbow so that you are reminded of what could have been.”
- Eidtrope: “It’s back to pvp guns again I guess.”
- Blizzard: “Um, about that. We didn’t like how you got your pvp weapon in a reasonble amount of time last tier, so we’re requiring you to earn 7800 CP before you can buy the 3400 CP gun.”
- Eidotrope: “Ugh. That’ll take five or six weeks of grinding for a casual pvper like me.”
- Blizzard: “Yup.”
That’s what it has felt like at least.