You’ve all read the patch notes, here’s what’s important.
- [Edit 10 aug 2009:] Kill shot no longer has a minimum range! Use when applying melee tactics.
- All profession based PvE boosts get their performance increased for free, except blacksmithing and jewelcrafting. The extra gem slots and better JC only gems have to be bought somehow. Still, considering these are the top DPS of all the professions, it’s probably worth the cash.
- Hit rating increases our pets’ expertise. The Draenei hit aura does not. FA seems to be giving about half as much expertise as it should.
- Beast mastery got a free massive buff, but is still third behind MM and SV for non-gimmick raw DPS.
- All entry level raiding (including heroics) drops emblems that will buy you Ulduar 25 level gear.
- XT seems to be bugged and creating many more times the adds he normally does.
- Yogg’s crusher tentacles have been nerfed. Once we down him, I’ll write the guide.
- Survival hunters can lay a crowd control trap without losing black arrow now. This may lead to more lock and loads (assuming they’re triggered by adds)
- Lock and load has an internal 22 second cooldown. This may negate the bonus from the extra traps.
Add to these in the comments, and I’ll edit the post.