This is still a work in progress, and a canon marks guide will be forthcoming. Some of the things I learned on my first raid as marks, however, are:
- MM at my gear level is a small step up on DPS for most encounters, and a large step up for AOE encounters. This does not factor in the fact that I still suck at MM and am fairly good at SV.
- Assuming you have specced into rapid killing and recuperation, rapid fire is an awesome mana regen mechanic.
- Try to save your first rapid fire for the first heroism, so you make the most of your fast auto-shots, and might not waste all the mana regen.
- If at all possible, have readiness available for the last 20% of the boss so you can get two back to back kill shots, and a rapid fire to boot.
- Multi-shot might not be worth it for only two mobs. Marked for death and piercing shots apply to aimed shot, but not multi.
Like I said, a definitive set of guides covering MM front to back will be posted once I get good enough. Please continue to help me suck less in the comments- you people have good advice!